In this video, Ben Fletcher, CEO of Lead Bullets and organiser of Velocity², takes us through his past experiences (good and bad) when it comes to hiring and running a business. We touched on many different topics including the ones below.
- Why people who show great drive and dedication for a certain aspect of their life won’t necessarily find the same motivation for executing the role they were hired for.
- How asking ‘killer’ interview questions can show you if someone performs well in interview environments but won’t reveal much about their abilities to do the job.
- Why setting performance tasks is an important part of a good hiring process if combined with structured interview questions and how it can reveal the motivation and drive a candidate has for the particular role.
- How the ‘A player’ concept is a tempting concept but very context specific and how it’s better to look for certain qualities in new hires that will allow them to excel in their role.
- Why you should only hire for the next 12 months, particularly in sales, and why you need to change your sales leader every 12-18 months if your company is growing quickly.
There’s more videos coming up in our Raw Talent series, in which we will be interviewing CEOs from leading startups so subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified.